[PlanetCCRMA] hsdp again redux

derek@x-i.net derek@x-i.net
Mon Oct 20 07:44:01 2003

mark,

thanks for the reply but i don't think that the routing is the problem. i have
hdspmixer, and have even run commandline amixer settings, but right now the
device itself is stuck.

like here, when i try to start pd:
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:324:(snd_pcm_hw_hw_params) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_HW_PARAMS failed: D
evice or resource busy
snd_pcm_hw_params (input): Device or resource busy
ALSA: hw interface configured
pd: pcm.c:5032: snd_pcm_sw_params_current: Assertion `pcm->setup' failed.

and here, in dmesg:

ALSA ../../alsa-kernel/pci/rme9652/hdsp.c:3875: initializing firmware upload
ALSA ../../alsa-kernel/pci/rme9652/hdsp.c:950: cannot change between single- and
 double-speed mode (capture PID = 1713, playback PID = 1713)

other times, dmesg has shown ALSA complaining about not being able to get FIFO
for the card.

you are absolutely correct, however, when you say it is a real pain in the ass!
;-) i'm still scratchin' my head...
d.

Quoting Mark Knecht <markknecht@comcast.net>:

> On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 06:45, derek@x-i.net wrote:
> <SNIP>
> >
> > but i cannot get the card to make sound. if i load alsaplayer or xmms, the
> whole
> > system freezes.
>
> This system sounds like such a pain! Very sorry.
>
> I don't know the numbering for channels on this box, but with my HDSP
> 9652 I have to either run hdspmixer (Rev. 1.3) or I have to do some
> configuration by hand:
>
> amixer cset numid=5 8,0,32000
> amixer cset numid=5 9,1,32000
>
> This takes input 8, routes it to output 0 and sets the volume at about
> 50%.
>
> I do not think the above commands will work perfectly for you, but maybe
> they will give you a clue.
>
> > [note that i am almost positive that no firmware has been loaded
> > to the card before i use hdsploader! to make sure, i disconnect the card
> form
> > power between reboots...] if i try to load pd, i get the following:
>
> Don't run Jack applications until you can get sound from standard Alsa
> apps like alsaplayer first.
>
> Good luck,
> Mark

Notice: Please do not send attchments or HTML/Rich Text emails to this address
for the time being. My mail provider is kind-of freaking out ;-)
Thx.