[PlanetCCRMA] problems to update muse (and others) ...

Olaf Giesbrecht Olaf_Giesbrecht@Yahoo.de
Tue Oct 28 12:02:02 2003

Am Mon, 2003-10-27 um 19.52 schrieb Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano:
> > here is my problem (longer story to tell everything):
> > i had a redhat 7.3. i updated to 9.0 (from cd) and tried to install
> > (with your cd-iso) audio-apps (which worked not perfect (some error
> > messages i forgot ), but everything i needed was ok).
> > i did not have internet duiring that time...
> >
> > now i have internet and tried to update with apt-get. i had a lot of
> > problems with that, because apt-get (and rpm) could not update or remove
> > lilypond (after updating i always had 2 versions).
> > i solved this problem (with the help of a friend) with
> > rpm -e --noscripts --notriggers lilypond
> > and after that i could update almost everything.
>
> When something like that happens again please search the Changelog for
> the package name. This particular problem was due to a very old bug in
> the 7.3 scripts of the lilypond package (a typo I made) and a workaround
> was described when I updated the package to a newer version.
>
> > this is what i get now (its a german version i tried to write the
> > translation behind the original:
> >
> > [root@localhost rpm]# apt-get upgrade
> > Lese Paketlisten... Fertig
> > (read package-list...ready)
> > Erzeuge Abhängigkeitsbaum... Fertig
> > (build up dependence-tree...ready)
> > Die folgenden Pakete sind zurückgehalten worden
> > (the following packages are kept back)
> >   ecamegapedal ecasound libswami muse soundtracker
> > 0 Pakete upgegradet, 0 neu installiert, 0 entfernt und 5 nicht
> > upgegradet.
> >
> > i work with muse, so i want to update it. when i try to do it with rpm,
> > i get the following message:
> >
> > [root@localhost rpm]# rpm -Uvh muse-0.6.1-2.rh90.i386.rpm
> > Fehler: Failed dependencies:
> >         libsndfile.so.1(libsndfile.so.1.0) is needed by
> > muse-0.6.1-2.rh90
> >
> > and the last info i can give at the moment is this:
> >
> > [root@localhost rpm]# rpm -q libsndfile
> > libsndfile-1.0.5-1
> >
> > what do/did i do wrong ? or what can i do now ?
>
> You did not do anything wrong. The problem happens because the
> libsndfile package still is not "RedHat version" tagged and so is not
> going to be upgraded automatically to the version that the redhat 9
> packages need.
>
> To fix this just force erase the package:
>   rpm -e --nodeps libsndfile
> and then use apt in "fix mode" to install the correct one:
>   apt-get -f install
>
> There may be other instances of packages you will need to upgrade
> manually.
thanks for helping ! i did what you said and could update muse
afterwards !  :-)

but muse doesn t start now :-(

[root@localhost root]# muse
muse: relocation error: muse: undefined symbol: _ZTI12QApplication

this seems to be, what you meant at the end (or am i wrong?)- but which
package is that ?

greetings olaf