[PlanetCCRMA] problems to update muse (and others) ...

Tue Oct 28 12:23:01 2003

> > > this is what i get now (its a german version i tried to write the
> > > translation behind the original:
> > >
> > > [root@localhost rpm]# apt-get upgrade
> > > Lese Paketlisten... Fertig
> > > (read package-list...ready)
> > > Erzeuge Abhängigkeitsbaum... Fertig
> > > (build up dependence-tree...ready)
> > > Die folgenden Pakete sind zurückgehalten worden
> > > (the following packages are kept back)
> > >   ecamegapedal ecasound libswami muse soundtracker
> > > 0 Pakete upgegradet, 0 neu installiert, 0 entfernt und 5 nicht
> > > upgegradet.
> > >
> > > i work with muse, so i want to update it. when i try to do it with rpm,
> > > i get the following message:
> > >
> > > [root@localhost rpm]# rpm -Uvh muse-0.6.1-2.rh90.i386.rpm
> > > Fehler: Failed dependencies:
> > >         libsndfile.so.1(libsndfile.so.1.0) is needed by
> > > muse-0.6.1-2.rh90
> > >
> > > and the last info i can give at the moment is this:
> > >
> > > [root@localhost rpm]# rpm -q libsndfile
> > > libsndfile-1.0.5-1
> > >
> > > what do/did i do wrong ? or what can i do now ?
> >
> > You did not do anything wrong. The problem happens because the
> > libsndfile package still is not "RedHat version" tagged and so is not
> > going to be upgraded automatically to the version that the redhat 9
> > packages need.
> >
> > To fix this just force erase the package:
> >   rpm -e --nodeps libsndfile
> > and then use apt in "fix mode" to install the correct one:
> >   apt-get -f install
> >
> > There may be other instances of packages you will need to upgrade
> > manually.
>
> thanks for helping ! i did what you said and could update muse
> afterwards !  :-)
>
> but muse doesn t start now :-(
>
> [root@localhost root]# muse
> muse: relocation error: muse: undefined symbol: _ZTI12QApplication
>
> this seems to be, what you meant at the end (or am i wrong?)- but which
> package is that ?

Hard to say. I would imagine it is the whole qt environment. There was
an upgrade for redhat 7.3 and maybe it (qt) was not updated to the
redhat 9 version (they have the same name, the qt build was done before
I started tagging packages with the release number).

These are the qt rpms:

# rpm -q -a | grep ^qt-
qt-designer-3.1.1-6
qt-MySQL-3.1.1-6
qt-PostgreSQL-3.1.1-6
qt-3.1.1-6
qt-devel-3.1.1-6
qt-Xt-3.1.1-6
qt-ODBC-3.1.1-6

So, you could reinstall them from the redhat install cdroms using the
"--force" rpm option so that they install on top of what you currently
have (which probably is the 7.3 version of qt). I don't remember on
which cdrom they are located.

-- Fernando