[PlanetCCRMA] gtkmm update

Barton Bosch barton_bosch@eudoramail.com
Wed Oct 29 17:41:01 2003

I studying a little C++ for use in making a simple application or two.  I would like to use the latest stable gtkmm (2.2.0) to make some guis on my Planet 8.0 box, but as far as I can tell from Synaptic and the Planet site gtkmm v1.2 is the version included in the repositories.  Is 1.2 the most recent version of gtkmm that has been packaged for Planet CCRMA 8.0?

Is it possible to install both gtkmm 1.2 and 2.2?  If not, would it break any other packages to remove 1.2 and install 2.2?  IIRC, gtkmm 2.2's dependencies (libsigc++ 1.2, GTK+ 2.0) are already installed, so I would assume that this wouldn't be a problem.

And if I end up removing the gtkmm 1.2 package and installing 2.2 from source, is there anything I should do to minimize potential apt/synaptic/dependency problems down the road?

TIA,

Barton

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com