[PlanetCCRMA] hsdp again redux

derek holzer derek@x-i.net
Thu Oct 30 08:35:03 2003

dear list,

sorry to let this get cold without an update. i was "on tour" with my
mulitmedia-on-linux workshops and a couple of performances, so it was a
big pain to not be able to use my HDSP. i sat down with it again, fresh
off the train from vienna, this afternoon, and got sound out of the HDSP
in the following manner [recall that it is a PCMCIA cardbus Hammerfall
DSP Multiface...]

1) disabled my unused irda port in the BIOS, on IRQ4.
2) booted with acpi=off

after this, the HDSP no longer sits on IRQ11, along with my video card
and usb-uhci. now it sits on IRQ4, as seen here:

           CPU0
  0:    2553804          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       3874          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:      68939          XT-PIC  Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (#2), hdsp,
Intel 82801CA-ICH3
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:       1243          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, ohci1394, eth0
 11:     196381          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II,
radeon@PCI:1:0:0
 12:         50          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:      15995          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:       2234          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

the Ricoh RL5blah blah blah are the PCMCIA controllers. slot #2 is the
only one which has ever recognized the HDSP cardbus card. the Intel
82801 is the built-in soundcard [snd-intel8x0].

strangely enough, however, NOTHING is on IRQ10 now! [i.e. without ACPI].
it seems like IRQ10 would be the ideal candidate for this sound card...
also, IRQ4 ain't exactly the highest priority you can get for realtime
audio. i have a pretty bumpy ride running in non-root/non-realtime mode
for jack, for example.

the problem appears to involve assigning IRQs to the PCMCIA slots. i'd
like to get the one slot that is usable by the HDSP [#2] onto IRQ10 all
by its lonesome, and to be able to use the ACPI again. can anyone point
me in the direction of some resources online i could check out in this
matter? are there parameters i could add to the configuration of the
PCMCIA modules that would override anything the ACPI does, for example?

thanks much!
derek