[PlanetCCRMA] gtkmm upgrade

Barton Bosch barton_bosch@eudoramail.com
Thu Oct 30 09:28:15 2003

I would like to mess around with the gtkmm libraries to try to get an idea of what is involved in making a gui for a couple of simple applications.

As far as I can tell, gtkmm 1.2.x is the most recent version with  a Planet rpm.  (My linux box does not have net access so I can't just find out through apt).
Gtkmm 2.2.8 is the latest stable version and I would prefer to learn it as opposed to an older release.

Is it possible to have both 1.2.x and 2.2.8 installed simultaneously?  If not, and I remove 1.2.x, replacing it with 2.2.8 from source, will this cause any other packages to break?  How can I avoid apt/synaptic/dependency problems from upgrading to gtkmm 2.2.8?

TIA,

Barton

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com