[PlanetCCRMA] Enabling MIDI on second sound card

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Thu Oct 30 09:59:02 2003

> This would be a tentative modules.conf for two cards:
>
> alias char-major-116 snd
> alias snd-card-0 snd-rme9652
> alias snd-card-1 snd-ice1712
> # --- OSS compatibility
> alias char-major-14 soundcore
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
> alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
> alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
> alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss
> options snd major=116 cards_limit=2
> options snd-rme9652 index=0
> options snd-ice1712 index=1
> # --- Keep modules from being autocleaned
> add options -k snd-card-0
> add options -k snd-card-1
>
> you were missing the oss emulation part, which may or may not be
> relevant depending on the software you are trying to use.
>
> -- Fernando

Thanks Fernando. I had purposely left the OSS part out since I really didn't
want to use any of the audio features of that card, but I should probably do
things right, put it in, do some testing, and then see if removing it causes
and problems.

I'll give this a try.

I take it that you did not see any reason that the MIDI input should not
have worked with my modules.conf file? As I said, I saw the MIDI input when
using aconnect, but there was no evidence that it actually received MIDI
events and passed them on to the software.

Thanks again,
Mark