[PlanetCCRMA] Planet-CCRMA now on Gentoo?!?!

Thu Oct 30 15:12:01 2003

> > OK, I don't know when this was added to the Gentoo environment, but there
> > is now a Gentoo ebuild for the 2.4.21 PlanetCCRMA kernel. I just found it
> > today. Added by nerdboy back in September apparently. I will try it out if
> > no one else has any direct knowledge of what it is.
> >
> > http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/pkgs/sys-kernel/index.xml
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mark
>
> FYI - This ebuild did not compile. I have submitted a bug report in
> Gentoo's bugzilla.

I think they are building from the kernel-source-*.i386.rpm, which for
some reason is not good enough (it should build but apparently it does
not). As they are not running redhat they cannot preprocess the .src.rpm
to get a "valid" tarball with all the needed stuff.

>    Do you have any issues with the Gentoo folks pointing ebuilds at your
> ftp servers? If that's OK, do you have any way of notifying them of
> changes you might make in terms of ftp addresses or naming conventions?

I don't have problems with that but I have no way to signal new versions
to them.

-- Fernando