[PlanetCCRMA] Error Installing The 'Core' CD Image under FedoraCore-1

Mon Apr 5 10:41:01 2004

> I was trying to install the 'core' (kernel, alsa, midishare) part of the
> Planet using the ISO image published but i'm getting an error message
> when i'm trying to use apt-get:
>
> [root@localhost root]# apt-get -o RPM::Install-Options::=--oldpackage
> install planetccrma-core
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   planetccrma-core: Depends: alsa-tools (= 0.9.8-2.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma) but
>   it is not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>

> This happens with too with the redhat kernel, so i've just erased (using
> rpm) the 'apt-get' package that was in my machine, deleted the /etc/apt
> directory and installed the apt-get included in the planet (including
> 'sources.list' and 'apt.conf') to no avail.
>
> I would appreciate any help to fix this problem.

If you were using apt before then it is probably a conflict with
something you already have installed in your machine. See which version
of alsa you have:
  rpm -q -a | grep ^alsa
You will probably find other version of alsa that conflicts with the
Planet CCRMA packages.

Or try to find out why alsa-tools won't install by trying to install it
explicitly:
  apt-get install alsa-tools

-- Fernando