[PlanetCCRMA] Error Installing The 'Core' CD Image underFedoraCore-1

dbdbdb kakarott@fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 6 06:26:01 2004

Hello!

Thanks for your input!

The alsa package (or any planet-related package) have not been installed
in this machine, so when I try the query command:

  rpm -q -a | grep ^alsa

I just get a new prompt!

Anyway I forgot to mention that I tried to 'manually' install (with rpm)
some of the packages from the folders on the CD and always get some
'unmet dependencies' messages that I tried to resolver recursively to no
avail.

With respect to the alsa-tools the message i get is:

"
[root@localhost kasti]# apt-get install alsa-tools
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  alsa-tools: Depends: libfltk.so.1.1 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages
"

I don't know what to do next to fix this problem so if anyone find a way
to get out of this problems that would be MUCH appreciated.

To fernando:

Last week I downloaded some web-documents using "wget" to get all the
files below some directory and the program *recreated* the complete
structure of the website (but including only the files needed).
Taking this into account, do you think that this could be a viable
solution: to try wget to download the html and rpm packages (and maybe
excluding some links like the man pages) directly from the planet-ccrma
site and in some way get a complete "mirror" of the page to burn into a
CD and transport to any machine to install easily. I guess it would be
needed some apt-get "header files" to be directly usable by apt-get
without further modifications.
How much space would be needed?

Thanks for any ideas!!!

=) Carlos!!!

> I was trying to install the 'core' (kernel, alsa, midishare) part of the
> Planet using the ISO image published but i'm getting an error message
> when i'm trying to use apt-get:
>
> [root@localhost root]# apt-get -o RPM::Install-Options::=--oldpackage
> install planetccrma-core
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   planetccrma-core: Depends: alsa-tools (= 0.9.8-2.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma) but
>   it is not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>

> This happens with too with the redhat kernel, so i've just erased (using
> rpm) the 'apt-get' package that was in my machine, deleted the /etc/apt
> directory and installed the apt-get included in the planet (including
> 'sources.list' and 'apt.conf') to no avail.
>
> I would appreciate any help to fix this problem.

If you were using apt before then it is probably a conflict with
something you already have installed in your machine. See which version
of alsa you have:
  rpm -q -a | grep ^alsa
You will probably find other version of alsa that conflicts with the
Planet CCRMA packages.

Or try to find out why alsa-tools won't install by trying to install it
explicitly:
  apt-get install alsa-tools

  dbdbdb
  kakarott@fastmail.fm