[PlanetCCRMA] KDE 3.2 upgrade on Fedora Core1

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Tue Apr 6 07:54:01 2004

> Brad Fuller wrote:
>
> >Has anyone upgraded to KDE 3.2 (from KDE 3.0) on Fedora?
> >I tried after downloading the RPMs from the KDE site and
> couldn't get
> >it to work properly. Mainly because qt wouldn't upgrade as
> it was both
> >a dependent of KDE apps but, more importantly, many of the
> audio apps
> >use the older qt (according to the RPM error msgs)
> >
> >brad
> >
> I have KDE 3.2.1 on RH9. http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/
> has all the latest qt and KDE packages plus dependancies
> required for the upgrade.
> FC1and  RH8 versions are also available . Most of the inital
> bugs have been ironed out now it seems with KDE 3.2.1, so now
> is probably a good time to give it a whirl :).  And it is all
> availbale  through apt :)
>
> Lawrie Abbott

Much appreciated Lawrie,

I had only one problem that still plagues me: kdelibs depends on
libjasper-1.700.so.1 and so the package won't install. Did you have this
problem on RH9? I noticed that someone with RH9 on the Redhat site had the
same problem when upgrading to KDE 3.2.1

brad