[PlanetCCRMA] Problem installing Karma kernel :-/

Tom tom@abwaerts.be
Tue Apr 13 15:06:01 2004

Hey all,

Only recently, I heard about Planet CCRMA; it's a shame it took me so
long to discover its mere existence... :-)

I've been using Debian for quite some time now, and didn't feel like
replacing it, so I installed Fedora Core 1 on a second hard drive to
get going. Everything seems okay now; upgrade went fine using apt, and I
was ready to start taking the tour of the CCRMA manual.

First things first: installing the kernel and sound drivers:

[root@zukunft tom]# apt-get -o RPM::Install-Options::=--oldpackage
install planetccrma-core
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  planetccrma-core: Depends: alsa-driver (= 1.0.1-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma) but
1.0.2c-1.fr is to be installed
                    Depends: alsa-lib (= 1.0.1-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma) but
1.0.2-2.fr is to be installed
                    Depends: alsa-lib-devel (= 1.0.1-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma)
but 1.0.2-2.fr is to be installed
                    Depends: alsa-utils (= 1.0.1-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma) but
1.0.2-1.fr is to be installed
E: Broken packages

Argh! :-) Do I get this wrong, or are the alsa packages I seem to get
from elsewhere (that would be freshrpms.net, since I have only 2 sources
in /etc/apt/sources.list) more recent than the ones CCRMA seems to
provide?

If so, is there an easy way to solve this, ehm, elegantly?

Greets,
Tom