[PlanetCCRMA] Problem installing Karma kernel :-/

Wed Apr 14 09:36:02 2004

[BTW, I was away from email from Friday till just now. Will catch up
with pending queries soon, I hope]

> I've been using Debian for quite some time now, and didn't feel like
> replacing it, so I installed Fedora Core 1 on a second hard drive to
> get going. Everything seems okay now; upgrade went fine using apt, and I
> was ready to start taking the tour of the CCRMA manual.
>
> First things first: installing the kernel and sound drivers:
>

> [root@zukunft tom]# apt-get -o RPM::Install-Options::=--oldpackage
> install planetccrma-core
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   planetccrma-core: Depends: alsa-driver (= 1.0.1-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma) but
> 1.0.2c-1.fr is to be installed
>                     Depends: alsa-lib (= 1.0.1-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma) but
> 1.0.2-2.fr is to be installed
>                     Depends: alsa-lib-devel (= 1.0.1-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma)
> but 1.0.2-2.fr is to be installed
>                     Depends: alsa-utils (= 1.0.1-1.cvs.rhfc1.ccrma) but
> 1.0.2-1.fr is to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> Argh! :-) Do I get this wrong, or are the alsa packages I seem to get
> from elsewhere (that would be freshrpms.net, since I have only 2 sources
> in /etc/apt/sources.list) more recent than the ones CCRMA seems to
> provide?

Yes, that is correct. It should be possible to make the ccrma repository
to have higher priority than the freshrpms repository (from the point of
view of apt) so that the older version gets chosen. I'll lookup the
correct syntax later today...

-- Fernando