[PlanetCCRMA] SCSI emulation?

Jesse Kaufman glandix@lloydnet.org
Wed Apr 14 11:54:01 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 13:38, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> 2.6.x is different with regards to ide-scsi, you do not need to use the
> kernel boot option AFAIK. Apparently you just point an up to date
> version of cdrecord to the device and that's it, no ide-scsi emulation
> needed (or wanted, it was a pretty bad kludge).

awesome!  now, if only ATI would come out w/ drivers that work for the
2.6.x kernel series ...

until then, is there a way to use hdparm to tweak settings on a CD/DVD
burner that's using SCSI emulation?

thx,
-g-

--
"...You say you cannot live with me, you need your own identity
And now we air our laundry on national TV