[PlanetCCRMA] delay test

"Alexander Carôt" alexander_carot@gmx.net
Wed Apr 14 15:48:02 2004

The problem is that I need an external soundsource as a reference signal.
What I did was this :

mono source to stereo source

left channel directly to left channel of recording device

right channel sent to ALSA-PC LineIn

line out of PC sent to right channel of recording device

The gap between the left and the right channel indicates the delay BUT the
ALSA PC sends the input directly bypassing the soundcard which is why I
measure a delay of 0 ms (same signal of course).
When I´m muting the capture channel the signal might get captured but I
doesn´t appear on the master anymore.

Help !!!

Thanks

-- A l e x