[PlanetCCRMA] updated: kernels and alsa drivers : s/pdif not linking to digital mix

patrick puredata@11h11.com
Tue Apr 27 19:47:01 2004

hi fernando and others!

after installing the new 2.4.26 kernel, i can't anymore hear sound
coming from s/pdif in? in envy24control (i have a delta 410), i can see
audio signal coming from s/pdif in l, r but this signal don't get to the
digital mix like before (2.4.24). i did remove /etc/asound.state to be
sure to unmute and configure the sound card correctly.

i can use pure data to plug [adc~ 9 10< to [dac~ 1 2< but it's not
really what i want. is this related with a new feature / bug of alsa?
should i change something in my /etc/.asoundrc?

patrick

# DELTA410 Asound.conf START

pcm.main {
         type hw
         card 0
         device 0 #2
}

pcm.ice1712 {
     type dmix
     ipc_key 1024

     slave {
         pcm "hw:0,0"
         period_time 0
         period_size 1024
         buffer_size 4096        # buffer size < 6653, but pow(x, 2)
         rate        44100       # we want to play CDs only
        }

     bindings {
        0 0
        1 1