[PlanetCCRMA] Comparing proprietary and free software

Andrea Glorioso sama@miu-ft.org
Wed Aug 4 11:13:02 2004

    > Mark Knecht wrote:
    >> David Fraser wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> Not a waste of bandwidth, its really interesting!  What I
    >>> would like to know is, is there a central site that compares
    >>> existing proprietary sound applications with their free
    >>> software alternatives?  A wiki-based site might be a good idea
    >>> for this kind of thing...
    >>>
    >>> David
    >> Don't know really. For all things Linux and Sound I first go to
    >> Dave's site:
    >>
    >> http://linux-sound.org/
    >>
    >> I don't think that there's anything really specific there in
    >> terms of comparison between free and not free though.

    > I guess the AGNULA wiki might be a good place for this, but it
    > seems empty to me...

Which is another way of saying "it's waiting to be filled up" :)

Seriously, we'd be delighted if the AGNULA wiki
(http://wiki.agnula.org/) would be used for such comparative list.

I'd suggest asking Guenter Geiger <ggeiger@iua.upf.es> before starting
the task - I know that during the AGNULA EC-funded lifetime he had
worked on such a list.

Bye!

--
Andrea Glorioso             sama@miu-ft.org         +39 333 820 5723
        .:: Media Innovation Unit - Firenze Tecnologia ::.