[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora questions

Wed Aug 4 18:58:01 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 13:21, "Alexander Carôt" wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I just upgraded from rh9 to Fedora and of course I'm facing problems :
>
> 1.) There's no alsaconf. Where is it ?

It probably does not come with the standard FC2 install... it will be
added if you install the Planet CCRMA core components.

> 2.) When I'm trying to install the latest apt-get rpms for FC2 I'm getting
> this :
>
> [root@localhost tarballs]# rpm -Uvh apt-0.5.15cnc6-1.rhfc2.ccrma.i386.rpm
> /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts: No such file or directory
> warning: apt-0.5.15cnc6-1.rhfc2.ccrma.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key
> ID 68d9802a
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         apt = 0.5.5cnc6-1.rh90 is needed by (installed)
> apt-devel-0.5.5cnc6-1.rh90
>
> So, I somehow have to get rid of the installed rh9-apt-get but I don't have
> the rpm anymore. What do I have to do ?

For that particular problem you should just erase the apt-devel package
you currently have (ie: rpm -e apt-devel). After that you should be able
to upgrade the apt package to the fc2 version.

> 3.) Is the standard ALSA-installation coming with FC2 allright or are
> changes recommended ? It feels that something's wrong but have no idea
> yet...

I think it will work. If you install the planetccrma-core package you
will get updated alsa drivers and the normal setup for Planet CCRMA will
(should?) work...

-- Fernando