[PlanetCCRMA] Audio CD burning

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Aug 10 09:31:00 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 05:12:14PM +0100, Tim Churchill wrote:
> 2) Is it possible to make XCD Roast burn audio CDs from wav files on
> the hard drive, and if so, how?

Yep, add the directory with you wav files in to the HD configuration
thing, clikc them in th righthand panel on the "layout tracks" window and
click add.

I found it easier to use gcdmaster though
http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/gcdmaster/ but its a bit of a pain to
install. Lots of RPMs. It lets you arrange all the files one after another
on a timeline and add, remove and drag about track markers.

> 4) What sound card will give Linux drivers, and enable me to have
> SPDIF in and out with Analogue sound in and out and professional
> sound quality? It looks as if RME are the only business to give full
> support to Linux, but I have seen emails from people having trouble
> with even their cards. Are RME's Linux drivers reliable?

The RME drivers are good (at least for the hammerfall, I havent tried the
newer cards), but M-Audio also support linux, and they have a greater
range of cards.

- Steve