[PlanetCCRMA] problem with ALSA and RME multiface

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Thu Aug 12 14:34:01 2004

gryphius.ginsberg wrote:
> Mark Knecht a écrit :

> i did it with hdspmixer (all sound is open)... but i ear nothing (i use
> output plugin ALSA 1.2.10 in xmms)

1) So do you see xmms sending audio to an input of the HDSP? That should
show up in the middle row to show the card is receiving audio.

2) If #1==true, then have you set the correct routing for where the
audio is arriving to allow it to go to the correct output?

3) Have you raised the volume of the input? (Middle row again?)

4) Have you raised the volume of the proper output?

5) Do you see audio arriving at the proper output?

(Hope this is clear!)

> NB : i can't access to the matrix (in the windowsxp driver you can
> choose matrix to route the signal but i don't see "matrix" in the
> hdspmixer)

Right. TTBOMK Thomas never did the matrix part of the mixer. That wasn't
there in the Windows one 24 months ago when a lot of this got started. I
didn't know it had been added until I gave up on running my HDSP 9652
under Linux and moved back to windows with that card. Then I found it.