[PlanetCCRMA] problem with ALSA and RME multiface

gryphius.ginsberg gryphius.ginsberg@free.fr
Thu Aug 12 15:05:02 2004

--------------090905090603000806080608

thanks

Mark Knecht a écrit :

> gryphius.ginsberg wrote:
>
>> Mark Knecht a écrit :
>

>> i did it with hdspmixer (all sound is open)... but i ear nothing (i
>> use output plugin ALSA 1.2.10 in xmms)
>

> 1) So do you see xmms sending audio to an input of the HDSP? That
> should show up in the middle row to show the card is receiving audio.

no, when i try to play something xmms refuse and the message is :
make sure that :
1 your sound card is correctly configured
2 you set the good output plugin
3 no other program stop the sound card

> 2) If #1==true, then have you set the correct routing for where the
> audio is arriving to allow it to go to the correct output?
>
> 3) Have you raised the volume of the input? (Middle row again?)

yes

> 4) Have you raised the volume of the proper output?

yes

> 5) Do you see audio arriving at the proper output?

no

> (Hope this is clear!)

yes

>> NB : i can't access to the matrix (in the windowsxp driver you can
>> choose matrix to route the signal but i don't see "matrix" in the
>> hdspmixer)
>>

> Right. TTBOMK Thomas never did the matrix part of the mixer. That
> wasn't there in the Windows one 24 months ago when a lot of this got
> started. I didn't know it had been added until I gave up on running my
> HDSP 9652 under Linux and moved back to windows with that card. Then I
> found it.

more information :

[root@localhost root]# jackd -d alsa --device
jackd 0.98.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1057:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed:
No such device
jackd: pcm.c:690: snd_pcm_nonblock: Assertion `pcm' failed.
Abandon

if i try too unplug my m-audio midi interface 1x1 and to reboot, i obtain :

[root@localhost root]# jackd -d alsa --device
jackd 0.98.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

JACK compiled with System V SHM support
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods

it stop and "[root@localhost root]#" never appear...

Sorry for all these questions, it's awful for me too ;-)

--------------090905090603000806080608

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
thanks<br>
Mark Knecht a &eacute;crit&nbsp;:<br>
wrote:
i did it with hdspmixer (all sound is open)... but i ear nothing (i use
output plugin ALSA 1.2.10 in xmms)
1) So do you see xmms sending audio to an input of the HDSP? That
should show up in the middle row to show the card is receiving audio.
no, when i try to play something xmms refuse and the message is :<br>
make sure that :<br>
1 your sound card is correctly configured<br>
2 you set the good output plugin<br>
3 no other program stop the sound card<br>
#1==true, then have you set the correct routing for where the audio is
arriving to allow it to go to the correct output?
3) Have you raised the volume of the input? (Middle row again?)
yes<br>
Have you raised the volume of the proper output?
yes<br>
you see audio arriving at the proper output?
no<br>
this is clear!)
yes<br>
NB : i can't access to the matrix (in the windowsxp driver you can
choose matrix to route the signal but i don't see "matrix" in the
hdspmixer)
Right. TTBOMK Thomas never did the matrix part of the mixer. That
wasn't there in the Windows one 24 months ago when a lot of this got
started. I didn't know it had been added until I gave up on running my
HDSP 9652 under Linux and moved back to windows with that card. Then I
found it.
more information :<br>
--device</span><br>
jackd 0.98.0<br>
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.<br>
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY<br>
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it<br>
under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details<br>
&nbsp;<br>
creating alsa driver ...
hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit<br>
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1057:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed:
No such device<br>
jackd: pcm.c:690: snd_pcm_nonblock: Assertion `pcm' failed.<br>
Abandon<br>
if i try too unplug my m-audio midi interface 1x1 and to reboot, i
obtain :<br>
--device</span><br>
jackd 0.98.0<br>
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.<br>
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY<br>
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it<br>
under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details<br>
&nbsp;<br>
JACK compiled with System V SHM support<br>
creating alsa driver ...
hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit<br>
control device hw:0<br>
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods<br>
it stop and "<span style="font-weight: bold;">[root@localhost root]#"
never appear...<br>
 style="font-weight: bold;"><br>

--------------090905090603000806080608--