[PlanetCCRMA] Disabling internet services for single user?

Benjamin Hardy theroboticmadhatter3000@hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 05:32:02 2004

I recently threw all my music files into a seperate user account from my
normal user account. I'm doing this because in my normal account I run gnome
with an active internet connection, but in my new account I am running xfce4
and want to disable internet services. I know that to do this I can either
use redhat's services configuration app, netsysv or chkconfig. Yet, I'm not
sure what service to stop; I'm guessing I can stop the xinetd process to
accomplish this, yeah? If I stop the process manually or with a xinitrc
script xfce uses when it starts up, will this still be in effect when I log
in to my normal user account?
Forgive me if this has been asked, I'm pretty fatigued from searching
through google and this archive. Is there a good way to search through the
archives with a search engine like google? I've tried doing searches like :
"disable internet site:ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/" but I
get no results no matter what I search for. Insight would be much
appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Ben

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.