[PlanetCCRMA] rg audio recording continued

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Thu Aug 19 18:24:02 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:39:30 -0700
Greg George <greg@gmconsult.com> wrote:
> When I installed the 1010 it added a ICE1712_-_Multitrack tab
> to my gnome built in volume control, but there's nothing in the
> tab.  The first tab says Sigma_STAC9721/23 which has all of the
> controls, volume, treble, bass, etc.  There's a Line 1 and Line 2
> which has a check box for record I've tried both, are these relevant?  I
> also have an SBLive! in my box, could this be a problem?  The audio tab
> in the connections window in qjackctl
> has automatically made the connections.  Could the alsa_pcm for
> capture and playback be trying to use the SBLive! for audio recording?
> I can't find where to check or change the settings.
>
> Do you have a 1010?  Do you have any more suggestions?

I do have a 1010 and think it's absolutely great.  Key to the experience
is the program envy24control which gives you a control panel like the one
in the documentation, which is pretty good.  I just poked through the trash
and saw that you had trouble running envy24control, with the error
invalid card type (driver is EMU10K1).

The EMU10K1 device is the SBLive.  I think you'll find things a lot
easier going if you pull the SBLive card, or if it's on the motherboard,
disabling it in the BIOS.  I'm guessing it's a card, though, since you
also mentioned a Sigma STAC9721, which is associated with an Intel 815
motherboard audio chip - different from the EMU10K1.

Then once you're down to that card, head to the joy that is
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/ and look under
Installing the kernel and sound drivers.  It's not a painful process
to get a good configuration.

Good luck!