[PlanetCCRMA] evolution mk-249c USB MIDI controller help

Paul Coccoli Paul Coccoli <pcoccoli@gmail.com>
Thu Aug 19 19:05:02 2004

I'm stumped.  I'll admit it.  I don't know what all those ALSA snd-seq
modules do.  I don't know if I need to add snd-usb-audio to my
/etc/modules.conf.  Here's what I do know: USB is working on my box
(Red Hat 9 + planet), because I can plug in my USB qwerty keyboard and
I see activity in /var/log/messages (and I'm typing this message using
it).  When I plug in the mk-249c, nothing shows up in
/var/log/messages (or qsynth).

This page was no help:
http://www.djcj.org/LAU/guide/evolution-usb-midi.php, despite a
promising title.

My box is a Shuttle XPC, model number sk41g.  I have a M-audio Delta
66 set up and working fine (thanks to Planet CCRMA).  There's built-in
sound too, but I don't use it (disabled in BIOS).

[paul@localhost paul]$ cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [M66            ]: ICE1712 - M Audio Delta 66
                     M Audio Delta 66 at 0xc000, irq 17

What should modules.conf look like?  Do I need to have an asoundrc file?

[paul@localhost paul]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma #1 Fri Apr 16
21:56:56 PDT 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Would anything else be helpful?  Has anyone gotten this keyboard
working with USB?  It worked on another machine using the game port on
an SBLive!.

Any help would be appreciated,
paul