[PlanetCCRMA] VXpocket problems

jacob last jacob last <jacoblast@gmail.com>
Sun Aug 22 08:17:01 2004

Hi-

My apologies if this gets posted twice. The first time I sent it from
a non-subscribed address.

I just got a VXpocket v2 card for my Fujitsu laptop running Planet
FC1. I've copied
/usr/share/alsa/VXPocket.conf to /etc/pcmcia/, added the appropriate
lines to /etc/modules.conf, I have vxloader intact (I think), but when
I restart the machine, I get

localhost modprobe: vxloader: no VX-compatible cards found
localhost modprobe: /lib/modules/...../snd-vxpocket.o post-install
snd-vxpocket failed
localhost modprobe: /lib/modules/...../snd-vxpocket.o insmod snd-vxpocket failed
localhost alsasound: Starting sound driver snd-vxpocket failed

>From this it seems to me that the hardware is not being recognized by
pcmcia services. from dmesg after startup:

Yenta ISA IRQ mask 0x04b8, PCI irq 11
Socket status: 30000006
Yenta ISA IRQ mask 0x04b8, PCI irq 11
Socket status: 30000410
Yenta ISA IRQ mask 0x04b8, PCI irq 11
Socket status: 30000006
Yenta ISA IRQ mask 0x04b8, PCI irq 11
Socket status: 30000006

Does that mean that the card is physically being recognized in the
slot but not by the software?

The card works fine with the win XP driver.

Please help! Also, I have read some threads and gotten the impression
that this card will not work with JACK...those messages were from
February, so I'm wondering if this is still true. If so, is there any
hope for the card working with JACK? Otherwise it's a bit of a loss!

Thanks in advance.
Jacob Last
Amherst, MA