[PlanetCCRMA] VXpocket problems

Sun Aug 22 16:03:01 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 13:32, jacob last wrote:
> I just got a VXpocket v2 card. I've copied
> /usr/share/alsa/VXPocket.conf to /etc/pcmcia/,

I don't think you need to copy those anywhere, they are internal device
definitions used by alsa for that particular card.

> added the appropriate lines to /etc/modules.conf,

What are those lines?

> I have vxloader intact (I think), but when
> I restart the machine, I get
>
> localhost modprobe: vxloader: no VX-compatible cards found
> localhost modprobe: /lib/modules/...../snd-vxpocket.o post-install
> snd-vxpocket failed
> localhost modprobe: /lib/modules/...../snd-vxpocket.o insmod snd-vxpocket failed
> localhost alsasound: Starting sound driver snd-vxpocket failed
>
> From this it seems to me that the hardware is not being recognized by
> pcmcia services. from dmesg after startup:
>
> Yenta ISA IRQ mask 0x04b8, PCI irq 11
> Socket status: 30000006
> Yenta ISA IRQ mask 0x04b8, PCI irq 11
> Socket status: 30000410
> Yenta ISA IRQ mask 0x04b8, PCI irq 11
> Socket status: 30000006
> Yenta ISA IRQ mask 0x04b8, PCI irq 11
> Socket status: 30000006
>
> Does that mean that the card is physically being recognized in the
> slot but not by the software?

You could check with "lspci -v" to see if the card is listed. It should
appear as a regular pci card. If it is not there then something is not
working in the pcmcia area. If it is there then something's wrong with
the alsa driver.

-- Fernando