[PlanetCCRMA] A Windoze Yikes! and how good CCRMA saved the day

Sun Aug 22 11:59:01 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 11:24, Joe Hartley wrote:
> [MUNCH]
> But hang on, I always keep an old kernel on board, can I use that?  One
> reboot and a load to 2.4.24-1.ll.rh90.ccrma, and I came up just fine.
> It was then a simple thing to do "rpm --erase --nodeps 2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma"
> followed by an "apt-get install 2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma" and there I was,
> safe and sound, booting into my preferred kernel, with all things in
> their place.   Whew!!!!!

Wow........ what a day, right?

> Now, does anybody know how I can tell Windoze that there's no D: drive to
> think about any more????    lol

I don't really know.

You may also want to check the rest of the packages for integrity. You
can do that with:
  rpm -V -a
Some changes will be obviously ok (for example changed configuration
files), but it you see missing files then most probably you want to
force reinstall the package that used to contain them to fix the
potential problem.

-- Fernando