[PlanetCCRMA] A Windoze Yikes! and how good CCRMA saved the day

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Sun Aug 22 12:14:01 2004

On 22 Aug 2004 11:57:51 -0700
Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 11:24, Joe Hartley wrote:
> > [MUNCH]
> > ... and there I was,
> > safe and sound, booting into my preferred kernel, with all things in
> > their place.   Whew!!!!!
>
> Wow........ what a day, right?

Two days, actually - when I did the fsck last night and saw all the things
that had disappeared from / I went to bed.  I woke up this morning with
the other kernel boot in my head, and was well on the way to a fix before
I'd finished my first cup of coffee!

> You may also want to check the rest of the packages for integrity. You
> can do that with:
>   rpm -V -a

A most excellent idea, and one that's underway as I type.  Thanks!