[PlanetCCRMA] Help - zombification and such like!

cc26@ohm.york.ac.uk cc26@ohm.york.ac.uk
Tue Aug 24 06:00:02 2004

Hi

I'm having a problem with muse 0.6.3 and jack 0.98.  I know muse is now
at 0.7, but the project I'm working on is in 6.3 and the problem is
possibly jack related so someone might know how to fix it.

Having added some audio parts to a mostly midi project, Muse almost
invariably hangs when play is pressed.  It prints an error message in
the terminal (something like jack: zombified - exiting).  I can't
reproduce this now because of another problem.

Other problem:  I changed the audio driver for muse to alsa, which
allowed playback with no problems, but recording won't work now
(everything comes in at the wrong pitch and sounding bad).  I try to
change it back to jack, with the jackd started or not started, but when
"apply" is clicked muse selects the "no audio" button instead. In other
words I can't set the project back to jack, muse won't let me.

Thanks,

Crispin
--
Crispin