[PlanetCCRMA] jackd xruns problem: solved? (FC2 2.6.8.1+P9 kernel)

Wed Aug 25 09:24:00 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 07:04, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 07:02:28 -0700, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > For tunables and more details see last weeks' post:
> > http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2004-August/005789.html
> >
> > This kernel also includes a patch for the radeon/mga/r128 dri modules.
> > Seems to be working fine so far.
> >
> > Anyway, in the FC2 planetedge repository there are also new versions of
> > alsa-driver, alsa-lib, alsa-utils and others, now up to a very recent
> > post 1.0.6a cvs snapshot.
> >
> > Let me know of any problems (or successes).
>
> Bad news I'm afraid, I'm getting storms of
> delay of 7087.000 usecs exceeds estimated spare time of 5792.000; restart ...
> messages again, and trying to run ardour it gets zombified before it can
> open its main windows.

Argh... I'm getting rock solid performance here, I was getting really
hopefull. Which was the last kernel that was "decent"? This is on a P4?

> I've tried building my own jackd with the printing stuff in another thread
> and with the "spare time" messages disabled, but ardour still gets
> zombified.
>
> Also the XRUN debugging stuff doesn't seem to be working, I get
> Aug 25 14:44:34 ninkasi kernel: Stack pointer is garbage, not printing trace
> in /var/log/messages, do I have to turn this on in the kernel?

Sometimes it does not work for me either. Usually when I set the
interrupts to be not threaded.

> I'l try rebooting with a different video driver, incase that the problem.
>
> BTW, there was a P0 and P9 kernel installed, and I wasn't sure which to
> pick, I went with P9 (2.6.8.1-1.520.1vP9.ll.rhfc2.ccrma). I booted it
> without ACPI.

P9 is the one I built yesterday.
-- Fernando