[PlanetCCRMA] New User: FC1 Install (booting) Problems and possible solutions

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Aug 28 00:41:00 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 06:49:51 -0700, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> There may be a kernel boot option to disable scanning the sata interface
> but I don't know it. Or maybe there are boot options for things you can
> change in the driver than handles the sata drives...

ignore=hde should do it, goes on hte end of the kernel line in
/etc/grub.conf (the letter might not be e, I didn't follow the email).

> The only option I can see right now would be a newer kernel (2.4.27 is
> out). I don't know when I'll have time to build it....

Or going to FC2 once the kernels move into none-edge planet, 2.6 seems to
have reasonable SATA support.

- Steve