[PlanetCCRMA] need advice on optimizing IRQ for sound

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 30 04:49:02 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 12:23:29PM +0100, Louis Lam wrote:
> Looks like one of the more obvious things to do is to
> get the soundblaster card (emu10k1) to a higher
> priority than 7(lowest). Looking at the list of
> interrupts on the system I see the "acpi" using IRQ 9.
> Is acpi necessary for a DAW to function? Say I'm using
> this system mainly for ardour, rosegarden. Should this
> be disabled?

Depends, some systems work better with ACPI, some without, try disabling
it (acpi=off IIRC).

In pracice I've found that IRQ ordering is not the most important aspect
of latency tuning, but YMMV.

- Steve