[PlanetCCRMA] do I need all 5 CD to have a look at this distro.

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Tue Dec 7 08:36:01 2004

I am running FC2/Planet with a custom 2.6.9 kernel.

2.6.9-rc2-mm4-VP-S7-noACPI-LSM

I get under 1mS latency as a user or root. I run this kernel under
both FC2 and Gentoo.

Standard 2.6 kernels may not be as good as 2.4 kernels in their
kernel.org configuration, but I think when patched correctly they are
pretty equivalent in my mind.

I've not tried it but I would suppose you could install FC2 and then
drop back to a 2.4 kernel if you find the need to do so. It might be
an interesting test.

Good luck with whatever decision you eventually go with.

- Mark