[PlanetCCRMA] Removing apps after doing the audiovideo

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Thu Dec 9 01:08:02 2004

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>>Like Mark, there are some
>>components I'd like to dump, but I'm a bit nervous about losing track of
>>things. For instance, I'd like to upgrade to the latest JACK in order to
>>test some new things in Ardour, but I'm pretty sure Synaptic is going to
>>tell me that I'll have to dump a long list of other items if I want to
>>remove Planet C's JACK.
>>

>Ah, that is different. You can't really remove a component that is
>needed by other components (so that you can install your own by hand).
>Synaptic won't let you without first erasing all the packages that
>depend on it (to keep the dependencies fine). In the case of Jack a fair
>number of them...

I can always go ahead and install to the /usr/local hierarchy, but then
there are some possibly pesky path issues (say it ten times as fast as
you can)...

Hmm, decisions, decisions...

>So we go back to the first question, which version of DaBomb?
>:-)

Why, the most recent version, of course... bwahahaha!!  :)

Best always,

dp