[PlanetCCRMA] Re: added: planet ho ho ho!

Sun Dec 26 15:36:01 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 03:39, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 11:01:17PM +0100, Louis van Dompselaar wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-12-25 at 00:48, Louis van Dompselaar wrote:
> > > Major clash with atrpms alsa updates.  Yes, I know, that's my own fault ;-)
> > > Removed the atrpms rpms and everything was fine after that.
> > Axel Thimm wrote:
> > > Details would be useful. Thanks! :)
> > > (Also gladly accepting bug reports for both ATrpms and PlanetCCRMA
> > > (and others) at bugzilla.atrpms.net).
>
> > I'll try and see if I can recreate the error.  I might have exaggerated
> > somewhat in saying 'major clash' ;-)
> > I think it was something odd like the planetccrma-core
> > saying it needed 1.07-cvs but it found 1.07-something.at
>
> Yes, that would be helpful, if there is anything I can fix from ATrpms
> side to fix up compatibility I'll certainly do so. But perhaps there
> was no real clash, only apt replacing package from ATrpms with
> PlanetCCRMA's? That would be the desired behaviour (i.e. you asked for
> a set of packages and apt performed the operation).
>
> On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 07:13:07PM -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > Yes, I'm afraid that the "requirements" of planetccrma-core are too
> > strict. It really wants you to have the exact versions and there are
> > gonna be mismatches with other repositories. I don't know what's the
> > best way out of this problem.
>
> If you need a specific set of versions that's the only way to do it.

I'm afraid so.
I think I will also add "planetccrma-kernel" meta packages that will
only require the kernel and associated stuff (no alsa-* packages). That
should make it easier to coexist with other distros that also release
alsa packages.

-- Fernando