[PlanetCCRMA] Firewire drive error on shutdown

Andres Cabrera andres@geminiflux.com
Thu Dec 30 13:45:01 2004

Hi all,
I'm getting some strange messages on shutdown when I forget to unmount
my firewire drives. The messages apparently happen when the filesystems
are unmounted, but since I'm using a PCMCIA firewire card to connect the
drives, the PCMCIA modules are shutdown before the filesystems are
unmounted, so is there a way to automatically unmount the filesystems
before the PCMCIA card is shutdown? Can the order of shutdown be altered
to place the unmounting before the PCMCIA shutdown?

Where can I find the shutdown logs, to post them and make sure the
problem is what I think it is?

Also, is there a way to avoid having to do a ./rescan-scsi-bus.sh to
enable the firewire drives?

Thanks,
Andres