[PlanetCCRMA] Re: FC2: ccrma and ATrpms libxslt conflict issue

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Fri Dec 31 14:52:01 2004

--------------090702030607040900090408

Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 07:14:13PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>>Axel Thimm wrote:

>>>What ATrpms mirror are you using? libxslt been upgraded to 1.1.12 late
>>>October. The output above suggest that some repo is still offering
>>>libxslt1-1.1.11-0_6.rhfc2.at.
>>>
>>>Or that you haven't "apt-get update"d before dist-upgrading?
>>>

>>Yes, I did "apt-get update" for trying to dist-upgrade.
>>I'm not using an ATrpms mirror now.
>>In the recent past,  I had some problems with conflicts between packages
>>at ATrpms and with packages at ccrma (as I asked on this list.) I
>>believe Fernando mentioned it was a naming issue and helped me resolve
>>it (I'll look for the thread)  And, in my particular case I went to
>>planetedge for an FC2 kernel to run audio apps such as jack. Now, I want
>>to return to the "norm".
>>
>>Should I resolve this by adding ATrpms to my sources.list? or?
>>

>If there is no ATrpms repo in your sources list, I am really puzzled
>where apt is getting the suggestion to use a more than two months old
>deceased package from ATrpms.
>
>Try adding ATrpms to your sources list and try again, perhaps that
>will rectify apt's behaviour. For referrence here are the current
>ATrpms packages, anything else ending in '.at' is either not ATrpms,
>or from an ancient mirror source: http://ATrpms.net/name/libxslt/

Thanks for the reply, Axel. I uncommented the ATrpms repository
(at-stable) and installed just libxslt and it installed. Yeah!

Then, I commented out the ATrpms repository, did a apt-get dist-upgrade,
and it installed the new kernel
Yeah!

Now, when I start the new kernel, I get no mouse. This, I think, is
kinda strange, don't you think? I rebooted to my older kernels and the
mouse works fine.
And, all my kde menus (well.. except the system ones on the bottom)
disappeared . I see the "redhat-menus-3.7.1-3.4.2-kde took it's place?
So, I went to synaptic and reinstalled all of the ccrma menus and
reinstalled the redhat-menus... then, most of them came back. Shheesssshh..

Now, I just gotta get me meece to work. The log says it loaded fine. Hmmm...

Also, during boot, I see that the script that Fernando wrote (realcap)
comes back with an error that the realcap kernel modules don't exist. I
assume that this is correct since the kernel has changed? Can someone
provide a bit more info on how this works?

Any ideas on the mouse would be appreciated?

brad

--------------090702030607040900090408

<head>
</head>
Axel Thimm wrote:
  <pre wrap="">On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 07:14:13PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Axel Thimm wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 06:25:50PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">I was trying to get my system in order (so that I could upgrade
to the new kernel) and when I "dist-upgrade" I get a conflict:
file /usr/lib/libexslt.so.0 from install of libxslt-1.1.12-2
conflicts with file from package libxslt1-1.1.11-0_6.rhfc2.at
        </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">What ATrpms mirror are you using? libxslt been upgraded to 1.1.12 late
October. The output above suggest that some repo is still offering
libxslt1-1.1.11-0_6.rhfc2.at.

Or that you haven't "apt-get update"d before dist-upgrading?
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Yes, I did "apt-get update" for trying to dist-upgrade.
[...]

or from an ancient mirror source: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ATrpms.net/name/libxslt/">http://ATrpms.net/name/libxslt/</a>
  </pre>
Thanks for the reply, Axel. I uncommented the ATrpms repository
(at-stable) and installed just libxslt and it installed. Yeah!<br>
Then, I commented out the ATrpms repository, did a apt-get
dist-upgrade, and it installed the new kernel<br>
Yeah!<br>
Now, when I start the new kernel, I get no mouse. This, I think, is
kinda strange, don't you think? I rebooted to my older kernels and the
mouse works fine. <br>
And, all my kde menus (well.. except the system ones on the bottom)
disappeared . I see the "redhat-menus-3.7.1-3.4.2-kde took it's place?&nbsp;
So, I went to synaptic and reinstalled all of the ccrma menus and
reinstalled the redhat-menus... then, most of them came back.
Shheesssshh..<br>
Now, I just gotta get me meece to work. The log says it loaded fine.
Hmmm...<br>
Also, during boot, I see that the script that Fernando wrote (realcap)
comes back with an error that the realcap kernel modules don't exist. I
assume that this is correct since the kernel has changed? Can someone
provide a bit more info on how this works?<br>
Any ideas on the mouse would be appreciated? <br>
brad<br>

--------------090702030607040900090408--