[PlanetCCRMA] Re: FC2: ccrma and ATrpms libxslt conflict issue

Fri Dec 31 15:03:00 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 14:51, Brad Fuller wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:

> > > Yes, I did "apt-get update" for trying to dist-upgrade.
> > > I'm not using an ATrpms mirror now.
> > > In the recent past,  I had some problems with conflicts between packages
> > > at ATrpms and with packages at ccrma (as I asked on this list.) I
> > > believe Fernando mentioned it was a naming issue and helped me resolve
> > > it (I'll look for the thread)  And, in my particular case I went to
> > > planetedge for an FC2 kernel to run audio apps such as jack. Now, I want
> > > to return to the "norm".
> > >
> > > Should I resolve this by adding ATrpms to my sources.list? or?
> >
> > If there is no ATrpms repo in your sources list, I am really puzzled
> > where apt is getting the suggestion to use a more than two months old
> > deceased package from ATrpms.
> >
> > Try adding ATrpms to your sources list and try again, perhaps that
> > will rectify apt's behaviour. For referrence here are the current
> > ATrpms packages, anything else ending in '.at' is either not ATrpms,
> > or from an ancient mirror source: http://ATrpms.net/name/libxslt/
> >
> Thanks for the reply, Axel. I uncommented the ATrpms repository
> (at-stable) and installed just libxslt and it installed. Yeah!

Probably stale stuff cached in your apt metadata cache. Adding atrpms
fetched the new metadata and the conflict is gone.

> Then, I commented out the ATrpms repository, did a apt-get
> dist-upgrade, and it installed the new kernel
> Yeah!
>
> Now, when I start the new kernel, I get no mouse. This, I think, is
> kinda strange, don't you think? I rebooted to my older kernels and the
> mouse works fine.

Yes, strange. What type of mouse do you have? What does the X
configuration file say about mice? (/etc/X11/xorg.conf)

> And, all my kde menus (well.. except the system ones on the bottom)
> disappeared . I see the "redhat-menus-3.7.1-3.4.2-kde took it's
> place?  So, I went to synaptic and reinstalled all of the ccrma menus
> and reinstalled the redhat-menus... then, most of them came back.
> Shheesssshh..
>
> Now, I just gotta get me meece to work. The log says it loaded fine.
> Hmmm...
>
> Also, during boot, I see that the script that Fernando wrote (realcap)
> comes back with an error that the realcap kernel modules don't exist.
> I assume that this is correct since the kernel has changed? Can
> someone provide a bit more info on how this works?

If you installed using the planetccrma-core meta packages you should
have a newer and better script called "rtload" (it should have been
activated on install). You can get rid of the old realcap script:
  /sbin/chkconfig --del realcap
  rm -f /etc/rc.d/init.d/realcap
Or just ignore it :-)
As you assumed the name of the kernel module has changed.

-- Fernando