[PlanetCCRMA] issues starting jack as root

Mon Feb 9 10:45:02 2004

> >> [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)
> >
> > This one I'm not sure but I doubt it has one.
>
> This card is actually a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. Here is a snippet direct
> from Turtle Beach's web site:
>
>  - MIDI Wavetable Synthesis:
>  - 8MB DLS synthesizer with scalable DSP/Host load sharing.
>  - Up to 64-voice hardware polyphony with more than 1,000 software voices
>  - (limited by host CPU.)

This sounds strange, it seems that it has a hardware synth but on the
other hand they say that the software voices are limited by the host
cpu.

>  MIDI controls reverb, chorus, volume, envelope,
>  - pitch shift, tremolo and vibrato.
>
> None of that means anything in particular to me, but it certainly sounds
> like it's got a synthesizer built-in.

Looks like it. Most probably you need to load a soundfont into the card
for it to be useful (I don't know much about how to do it).

Most probably you should post this to the alsa-users list (unless
somebody at Planet CCRMA knows more about this particular card).

-- Fernando