[PlanetCCRMA] my oddyssey part 1: modules.conf invalid line 17

Benjamin Hardy theroboticmadhatter3000@hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 12:20:03 2004

Hello Planet CCRMA users:
I used to have a working linux box for a while, but for the almost 2 weeks
now my soundcard and network card have been inoperable. That's only part of
the problem, but I think I will tackle this thing one step at a time.
My boot log claims that line 17 of modules.conf is invalid: here is my file

alias eth0 8139too
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394

# --- ALSA configuration
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-ens1370
#--- OSS compatibility alias
sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd major=116 cards_limit=1
  device_mode=0666 device_gid=0 device_uid=0
options snd=emu10k1 index=0 id=Audigy
#--- Keep modules from being autocleaned
add options -k snd-card-0
#--- ALSA configuration END

alias sound-slot-0 audigy
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null
2>&1 | | :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /ect/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null
2>&1 | | :

that's my file. Yes, i have an audigy card bytheway, althought that must be
obvious by now. The options section is probably quite wrong, as I just used
the options from the planet ccrma documentation; so I need to have a correct
device_mode, gid and uid.
I'm running redhat 9 with it's default kernel, and the 2 planet kernels, all
of them give me the same grief. Iptables fails on bootup, and in checking
what modules the kernel has loaded I see only 2: ext3, and jbd.
I'm still not sure how this all came about, but the last thing I did was
compile and install XFce4.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Ben