[PlanetCCRMA] my oddyssey part 1: modules.conf invalid line 17

Tue Feb 10 12:30:03 2004

> My boot log claims that line 17 of modules.conf is invalid: here is my file
>
> alias eth0 8139too
> alias usb-controller usb-uhci
> alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
>
> # --- ALSA configuration
> alias char-major-116 snd
> alias char-major-14 soundcore
> alias snd-card-0 snd-ens1370
> #--- OSS compatibility alias
> sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
> alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
> alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

The following two lines have to be concatenated into one line:

> options snd major=116 cards_limit=1
>   device_mode=0666 device_gid=0 device_uid=0

> options snd=emu10k1 index=0 id=Audigy
> #--- Keep modules from being autocleaned
> add options -k snd-card-0
> #--- ALSA configuration END

This is the OSS configuration, comment out the three following lines:

> alias sound-slot-0 audigy
> post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null
> pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /ect/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null

After the changes do a "/sbin/depmod -a"
Reboot to make sure you get rid of all the oss modules.
Configure the mixer as outlined in the instructions......

-- Fernando