[Agnula-Developers] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Planet CCRMA menu

Fri Feb 13 12:07:02 2004

> > I'm currently working on a menu system for Planet CCRMA, the new cvs
> > version of qjackctl makes it possible to finally start Jack applications
> > from a menu! (thanks to Rui). For now I have just testing one submenu
> > called (surprise!) "Jack Applications" :-)
> >
> I'm a little bit confused. Why wasn't possible to start jack apps
> from the menu?

A Jack server has to be running before you start the application.

> Which new feature of qjackctl are you refering to
> (I quick glance at the changelog didn't answer me) ?

Qjackctl CVS can (I tested this a couple of days) now accepts extra
arguments to start an app after starting jack, if jack is not already
running. So the menu for Ardour could now execute:
  /usr/bin/qjackctl /usr/bin/ardour
If Jack is already running you get Ardour only, otherwise you first get
Qjackctl and then Ardour (once Jack has started).

-- Fernando