[PlanetCCRMA] fedora core problems

Lawrie Abbott lawrieabbott@iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 14 20:41:02 2004

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>>During some testing I stopped JACK and it wouldn't restart. It seems FC1
>>had just run  prelink as a daily.cron job (which doesnt happen on RH9)
>>and this means that when attempting to run  jackd, the wrong md5sum is
>>calculated and it refuses to start.
>>If  /usr/sbin/prelink -u /usr/bin/jackd is run then jackd is restored
>>and it works again. Does anyone have a better solution for Fedora Core
>>machines? or am I the only one seeing this?
>>

>The Jack build for FC1 undoes the prelinking off jackd on startup. It is
>a gross hack but works well. Make sure that the Jack package you have
>installed in the FC1 machine is the one for FC1...
>
>The other thing that could be happening is that you do not have the
>prelink package installed, so jack cannot find the binary. If so let me
>know because then I'm missing a requirement in the jack spec file. Do an
>"apt-get prelink" to install it if missing.
>
>-- Fernando

Thanks Fernando, I wasnt using your JACK rpms so I missed the prelink
problem patch. I've done a little googling and it seems that the latest
version of prelink allows for 'blacklisting' of directories or files.  ie.
adding
-b /usr/bin/jackd
/usr/prelink.conf

*should* fix the problem in a slightly less kludgy way

Lawrie