[PlanetCCRMA] Error trying to install planetccrma-audiovideoapps

Tim Currie tim@algernonsystems.com
Mon Feb 16 08:13:02 2004

Hi!
   I've already managed to install planetccrma-audioapps; now I want to
install the video apps. When I do

   apt-get install planetccram-audiovideoapps

I get a bunch of stuff like this:

   file /usr/share/man/de/man1/mencoder.1.gz conflicts between attempted
   installs of mplayer-common-0.90rc2-1 and mplayer-1.0-0.2.pre2.fr

I un-installed mplayer to try to solve this but then I noticed that what
it's actually complaining about (I think) is a version conflict among
the packages it's trying to install.

   Which brings me to the next question: when I initially installed
mplayer using synaptic a few weeks ago, I had one hell of a hard time
getting it to install. Why are there two (fundamentally incompatible, to
all appearances) versions of the same thing in the repository? Granted,
if you futz around with it for a bit you can get one complete set
installed and working, but considering how seamless and fluid everything
else in the repository is, that's kind of a black eye on the whole thing.

   Anyway, rant=off. So, how do I get around this problem?

Thanks,

-Tim

--
Proprietary software is like petrified wood. It used to be alive, but
then it was fixed in time and put in a box. GNU/Linux software, in