[PlanetCCRMA] Self-configuring system Was:*Solved* Midisport 8x8/s Was:Chasing my tail with ALSA

Tue Feb 17 08:27:01 2004

> Today I turn on my system, and guess what? I don't have my Midisport 8x8
> in the ALSA Patchbay anymore. So, I do a little investigating, only to
> find lsmod showing snd-seq-oss, and snd-mixer-oss in the setup again.  I
> wonder what causes this?

Nope, that is not the cause. Both modules should be loaded, they provide
the OSS emulation services. Your modules seem fine except that I don't
see snd-usb-audio, which is the one that would take care (I think) of
your midisport.

What do you currently have in /etc/modules.conf?
Is it configured for two cards?
-- Fernando