[PlanetCCRMA] dist-upgrade question

Fri Feb 20 10:44:01 2004

> This may be the wrong forum, but maybe someone can point me in the right
> direction.
>
> When I tried to do the dist-upgrade command,
> $> You don't have enough space in /var/cache/apt/archives
>
> I ran the command, df and got this:
> /dev/hda3 has 10% used /home
> /dev/hda6 has 49% used /var
>
> Seems like I might be able to adjust the two space allocations, maybe?
> If so, what are the options to do this?

That would be at best difficult...

> If I need to type other commands to provide better info for the list,
> let me know what they are, please.

See how much space /var/cache/apt/archives uses, you can type "du -s
/var/cache/apt/archives" to find out (in Kbytes). That's where apt
stores downloaded packages. If you don't need to keep them, you could
erase what is there with "apt-get clean". Maybe that will free enough
space to do your apt-get dist-upgrade...

-- Fernando