[PlanetCCRMA] Re: stk-4.1.1?

Julius Smith jos@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Mar 5 11:13:01 2004

Gary Scavone holds the master STK version, and I have corresponded with
him.  I suggested we put out what he has right now as a "beta" or
"pre-release" version.  I think we should do what Miller does and put out
intermediate "test releases" as soon as there are any bugfixes at
all.  These C++ incompatibility problems have been fixed for months, and it
clearly suboptimal not to put them out immediately in some form. Since Gary
and Melissa have a new baby (born Feb. 29!), an official release might not
be possible anytime soon, so I would go with the patch -- I expect it
contains similar fixes.  I offered to post my unofficial version in case
some people are unclear on how to run the patch utility to edit a lot of
files automatically.  I cannot do more than this because I do not hold the
master. - jos

At 04:46 PM 3/4/2004, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > Many of us have made these "de-linting" changes independently already, so
> > nobody should need to figure them out afresh.  I would be happy to post
> > mine for download somewhere (but be prepared for a few non-standard
> > alterations --- all hopefully backward compatible).
>
>Well, how about a new release of stk when said problems are fixed? Are
>the things you fixed the same as the fixes in the patch? Otherwise the
>world keeps reinventing the wheel :-)
>
>-- Fernando
>
> > I have to say I was amazed that C++ abandoned backward compatibility
> itself.
> >
> > Julius

> > >I'll try to take a look at this latter today, as you will see in a post
> > >coming up soon, I've been a little busy :-)
> > >
> > >-- Fernando

> core? i

> explicit

Julius O. Smith III <jos@ccrma.stanford.edu>
Assoc. Prof. of Music and (by courtesy) Electrical Engineering
CCRMA, Stanford University
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/