[PlanetCCRMA] OpenMusic 4.7.2.beta released

Francois Dechelle Francois.Dechelle@ircam.fr
Fri Mar 12 01:06:01 2004

Le jeu 11/03/2004 à 18:02, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano a écrit :
> [...]
> Thanks for the explanation! Actually the current cmucl running on FC1 is
> just a very ugly hack (hopefully temporary). The only way I could make
> it work at all was to use the loader program from RedHat _9_!, and use a
> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 environment variable which I think turns off nptl
> amongst other things. I'm actually surprised it works at all :-)
>
> Another detail on nptl, does it make a difference to run under a redhat
> kernel or the planetccrma kernel? (I have not had time to test the new
> OM version). When running the Planet CCRMA kernel (which does not
> include nptl support) glibc uses the old threading model...

I've tested it and here are the results:
 - 2.4.22-1.2140.nptl.caps.rhfc1.ccrma: lisp makes a core dump
 - 2.4.24-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma: lisp works
 - 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl: lisp makes a core dump

So we really have a problem with CMUCL and NPTL.

In theory, we should recompile CMUCL for Fedora, but CMUCL compilation
looks like it's not that easy: the doc says that you need a Common Lisp
to compile it.

I'll try to find more information on CMUCL for Fedora.

François