[PlanetCCRMA] Still no sound ...

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 19:08:02 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 18:32, Bruce Elliott wrote:
> This is dumb, but I can't seem to remember how to upgrade to alsa 1.0.2
> (or to 1.0.3, although you seemed to recommend against that).
>
> Is it just
>
> apt-get upgrade alsa   (?)
>
> That just gets me "0 packages  upgraded."
>
> apt-get install alsa
>
> doesn't do it either.  Can you just remind me of what I should be doing
> here?  (Acually, I kind of thought that "apt-get dist-upgrade" covered
> all packages, including alsa ... not so?)

No, I think it should, however I haven't upgraded my Planet machine
since about the time RH9 came out. It runs GigaStudio all the time so I
hardly ever get to boot it into Linux anymore.

I would suggest using Synaptic and looking in that app for the right
names. Please remember that you'll never get upgrade further than
Fernando is ready to take you, so it really depends on what's available
in the Planet's library of RPM files.

- Mark