[PlanetCCRMA] Newbie trying to set up Quattro

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Sun Mar 14 20:25:03 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 20:08, Doug Regehr wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have just installed the planet on my Shuttle XPC SS51G, and now I'm trying to get my M-Audio Quattro working.  I've added Patrick Shirkey's  .asoundrc file to my home directory, as recommended by the ALSA website.  However, when I try to play a wave file through the Quattro:
>
> [dregehr@atlantis dregehr]$ aplay -D quattro1 foo.wav
>
> ...the sound comes out of the Shuttle's integrated audio!!!  (The Quattro is not connected to any speakers, but it is turned on, and it shows up in /proc/asound/cards). Does anyone know what's going on here?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Doug Regehr

It's probably related to what index number each sound device is given.
Post back your modules.conf file showing how you set up the drivers for
each device. I'd guess the Shuttle's sound chip is device 0 and you're
command above is somehow mapping to device 0.

Good luck,
Mark